Jordan Peele's Word For Word Re-Enactment Of An Inebriated James Brown Interview Is Everything
In 1988, James Brown was arrested for domestic abuse of his wife. When the Godfather of Soul was released on bail, he took to CNN’s Sonya Live In L.A. to deny the charges and announce a tour. The resulting appearance led people to speculate just what Brown was on while speaking with interviewer, Dr. Sonya Friedman.
Though Brown’s erratic behavior was more chilling than hilarious at the time, given the alleged crime he had committed, Jordan Peele’s re-enactment is uncanny and highlights the absurdity of celebrity. It also reaffirms Peele’s talent.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia