Honest Trailers Has Keenly Distilled All Your Oscar Snark
This Sunday the Oscars are coming to sing the praises of 2016’s best films, and Hacksaw Ridge. And when so many of our favorite films and performances got snubbed right out the gate, it’s easy to be cynical about the Academy Awards. But there’s still some stellar cinema being celebrated here, and by that I mean Moonlight. So I’m stretching my lungs now for the world-rattling scream that will no doubt rip itself out of my throat when friggin’ La La Land wins Best Picture.
Honest Trailers Oscar Edition gets it.
Oh, the snark. It is
For more Overlord thoughts on the Oscar’s Best Picture nominees, check out our reviews of Arrival, Lion, Hell or Highwater, Hidden Figures, Moonlight, Fences, Hacksaw Ridge, La La Land, and—huh—we never did review Manchester By The Sea, but here’s an article on how Male White Privilege has aided Casey Affleck’s Oscar campaign.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia