Andy Serkis Reprises Gollum To Read Trump's Tweets
Nowadays, Andy Serkis is recognized by many as a pioneer of motion-capture performing as he’s brought life to King Kong, Caesar in War for the Planet of the Apes and its prequels, and most famously Lord of the Rings’ mercurial Gollum. With a new movie coming to theaters, Serkis resurrected that greedy little monster for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, where he gamely read Trump tweets in Gollum voice. It’s precious.
If you want to skip to the Tweet bit, jump to 3:47.
Props to Serkis for committing to the point of crouching on the couch. Yet, he’s not the only actor bringing back a signature voice to satirize the president*’s bizarre tweets.
Voice actor Billy West busted out Futurama’s Zapp Brannigan to mock Trump’s pompous nature.
And Mark Hamill rocked his Joker voice for a string of Trump-taunting tweets.
So, who worked it best? Sound off in comments.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia