Jordan Peele is Insanely Busy These Days
Get Out launched Jordan Peele into the stratosphere. He’s gone from one half of a comedy team to one of the best and most prolific writer/creator/producers in Hollywood. Since Get Out, Peele has been a producer on Tracy Morgan’s The Last O.G. and Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman. He’s also exec producing a TV doc series about Lorena Bobbitt (Lorena) due out next month; a Twilight Zone reboot for CBS All Access due out later this year; and he’s producing a fantasy/horror series called Lovecraft Country. He’s also voicing a character in Toy Story 4, starring in a movie called Abruptio that is currently filming, and doing voice work for Big Mouth. Oh, and he also wrote and directed one of the most anticipated horror films of the year, Us, which will open the SXSW film festival.
If that weren’t enough, Jordan Peele is also a producer and writer on a new YouTube Premium series due out in February called Weird City, which he’s co-producing with Key & Peele writer Charlie Sanders. Watching the trailer, I briefly thought it was the Twilight Zone series retitled Weird City. It’s different (although, Steven Yeun is in both). This series has a killer cast, including Rosario, LeVar, Laverne Cox, Sara Gilbert, Michael Cera, Ed O’Neil, Gillian Jacobs, Mark Hamill, and Awkwafina, among others. It’s about a futuristic city where the Haves and Have Notes are literally split apart, and the Haves are matched through DNA and sex is no longer a thing.
Header Image Source: YouTube Premium
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me