Stephen Colbert Interviewed by Trevor Noah on Stephen Colbert's Show
On The Late Show with Stepen Colbert last night, Trevor Noah switched jobs with Stephen Colbert to interview him, one The Daily Show alum to another. I actually watch very little late night these days outside of Seth Meyers’ clips, but I still dig some good late-night inside baseball, and here Trevor Noah gets some insight into what Stephen Colbert was thinking when his show launched and immediately struggled.
“Initially, when reviews came out,” Trevor Noah says, “they were like, ‘Stephen Colbert has lost it. He should’ve stayed at his old show. He doesn’t have it.”
“They weren’t that harsh,” Colbert says.
“I remember they were that harsh. You know why I remember? Because they were similar to my reviews. That’s why I remember them.”
“Oh yeah, yeah,” Colbert quips. “I remember those.”
And if that exchange is not worth checking this out, perhaps where Colbert says, “F*ck you,” to Trevor Noah because he’s had J.Lo on twice, and she still hasn’t appeared on The Late Show will tempt you into clicking play.
Header Image Source: Getty Images
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me