I’d written him off. I’d lost interest. Even aside from the Trump normalization (for which he has apologized), Jimmy Fallon hasn’t done anything since The History of TV Theme Songs that I’d even had a vague passing interest in. The novelty had completely worn off.
But this? OK. Fine. This is good.
That is Jimmy Fallon, joining the cast of Hamilton in Puerto Rico with Lin Manuel-Miranda to open last night’s The Tonight Show. Fallon is there with The Tonight Show to help draw attention to Miranda’s efforts to raise money for those still recovering from Hurricane Maria (Miranda is starring in a three-week run of Hamilton with an all-star Hamilton cast, the proceeds of which go to hurricane relief).
And the icing on top is this interview between Lin Manuel-Miranda and Fallon discussing Hamilton.
But, if you just can’t handle the Fallon, here’s Jimmy Kimmel hiring two furloughed workers to work as Ted Danson’s entourage on Kimmel’s show last night. Cute.
Honestly, my favorite line in that clip is Kimmel’s crack that the fast-food spread that Trump laid out for the Clemson Tigers is what the people in Bird Box see when they take off their blindfolds.
Header Image Source: NBC
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me