'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' Trailer: Fat Mac is Now Jacked Mac
I listen to a lot of podcasts, but genuinely some of my favorite podcasts are the ones in which stars of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia are guests. Let me just rattle off a few things I have learned by listening to those podcasts:
1. They didn’t want to bring in a fifth person, but FX made them hire Danny DeVito or they’d cancel the show (they did, and they were ultimately very happy about it and DeVito is part of the family).
2. Rob McEllhenny is the best dude. He grew up with mostly his Dad, because his mom left to find herself, because she is gay (not easy in South Philly), but they not only remain close, but his mom and her partner and McEllhenny’s Dad are all very close and just a real solid great family who clearly adore each other. (Rob also grew up in the same neighborhood where Pat’s and Geno’s reside, but don’t ask him which is better because he’s like, “Who cares! Philly is the birthplace of our nation. THAT is what we should be known for!”)
3. Rob McEllhenny’s first roommate in Los Angeles, Christopher Backus, moved out so he could move in with his girlfriend-at-the-time Mira Sorvino. They’re still married and have four kids.
4. Rob McEllhenny and Kaitlin Olson are married, having met on the set, but they dated in secret from the rest of the cast for the whole second season. In fact, Rob lived with Glenn Howerton then, and told Glenn that he was going out on the weekends and because he never came home, Glenn thought he was sleeping with someone new every weekend.
5. Also, as you’ll note in the trailer below, Rob is BUFF as hell this season. However, Kaitlin Olson likes him better as Fat Mac. “It’s not my favorite thing. I liked him better as Fat Mac. He was hilarious.”
They are the best couple. Also, the trailer for next season brings me unlimited joy.
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia returns for its 13th season on September 5th.
Header Image Source: Getty
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia