Céline Dion Out Extras James Corden In Carpool Karaoke
Céline Dion was destined to be extra. She is a Grammy winner, a Eurovision winner, an iconic diva for her fashion and the way she plays with her incredible voice. And she is hands down the best guest James Corden has ever welcomed into the passenger seat for Carpool Karaoke. Rolling around Las Vegas, where Dion is in a concert residency at Caesars Palace, the pair go for one hell of a ride.
Dion eats, breathes, and lives song. No matter the prompt, she can bust out a tune, from her own “I Drove All Night,” to The Pointer Sisters’ “I’m So Excited” to Rihanna’s “Work.” Then there’s the face-ography, her coaching of Corden, and how she casually rolls down her window to give a bit of show and glamour to the tourists on the sidewalk. And then there’s “let’s call it a warehouse.” And “I need an alcohol.”
Oh, Celine. She contains multitudes. Her brain contains the lyrics to every female-sung song of the last fifty years. Her warehouse contains more shoes than Imelda Marcos’s closets. Her mouth can explode with song, French-Canadian-tinged cursing, and jaw-dropping stories of the drawbacks to being a world-renowned chanteuse. It now makes sense to me she did Deadpool 2’s theme. She has an incredible sense of humor and self-awareness! And I’m now all the angrier that Brooke Lynn Hytes biffed the Snatch Game that hard. Celine deserved better.
This is how you diva.
Header Image Source: CBS
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me