'Can We Not Talk About Jeffrey!' Seth Meyers Goes Day Drinking with Ina Garten
Seth Meyers’ day-drinking adventures with Ina Garten in the clip below do not match the drunken enlightenment of his segment with Kelly Clarkson a few years ago* — there’s no singing here, for instance — but it is nevertheless a spectacular outing. Seth gets smashed, brings out a cake he made from Ina’s recipe (it’s bad), tries to write Happy Birthday on it (that’s worse), and at one point, drunkenly exclaims, “Can we not talk about Jeffrey!” alluding to the oft-referred husband on Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa (I’ve seen, like, one episode, and I feel like I know Jeffrey better than I know my own wife).
Also, this day-drinking escapade is decidedly one-sided. Seth does all the drinking, while Ina fabulously sips on a cocktail and gracefully indulges Seth’s passive-aggressive drunkenness. It’s spectacular.
* That was last year. Jesus, Trump years are so slow.
Header Image Source: NBC
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me