Brilliant! Watch Jodie Whittaker's First 'Doctor Who' Scene
Last night, the Doctor Who Christmas special bid a fond, tearful farewell to Peter Capaldi’s Twelfth Doctor. In a moving and very Moffat episode, “Twice Upon A Time” featured an adventure that reunited the mop-topped Doctor with his dear, proudly queer friend Bill Potts, put him face-to-face with the first Doctor, and ultimately led to his relinquishing his time, and regenerating into the 13th Doctor, and the first woman in the role, Jodie Whittaker. It was the moment many fans have been waiting and waiting and waiting for. And all we had to do was get through 700 some episodes, 54 years, and Moffat’s tedious “the role of women” jokes in this special.
Here it is, ladies, gentleman, and Time Lords, the emergence of the first female Doctor.
Farewell, Capaldi. You were a wonder.
Welcome, Whittaker! Our hearts are with you.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia