Amber Ruffin Talks R. Kelly, Beyoncé, "Old Town Road" and BEES!
It’s time for another installment of “Amber Says What!” This consistently silly and sensationally scathing segment on Late Night with Seth Meyers lets comedian (and Pajiba fave) Amber Ruffin loose on hot topics. And this time, she’s sharing her thoughts over Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road” and Gayle King’s interview of R. Kelly, and her unbridled excitement for Beyoncé’s Homecoming. And naturally, she talks about that lady who had bees LIVING IN HER EYES!
Need a break? Need a laugh? Need a burst of joy in this nerve-racking day? Ruffin’s got you.
Like in any Ruffin segment, how do you choose a highlight!? Is it the reveal of why Billboard might be rejecting “Old Town Road”s country cred? Is it when she talks about King’s no-nonsense reprimand of Kelly. (“She hit him with such a good ‘Robert’ that I sat up straight. And my name is not even Robert!”) Is it her Grace Jones-inspired dance moves or the Bell Biv DeVoe homage? Is it when she breaks and laughs about how mad her mom’s going to be about that black hole joke?! Impossible to choose. It’s all highlights.
We can’t wait for her own show. Give her all the shows.
Header Image Source: NBC
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me