White People, F--king Stop It
BBC Africa tweeted this earlier today.
WHITE PEOPLE, FUCKING STOP IT.
STOP TREATING AFRICA LIKE A MONOLITH. STOP VOMITING UP YOUR PRIVILIGE AND IGNORANCE EVERY TIME YOU TALK ABOUT IT. STOP FAILING TO REALIZE THAT IT IS A CONTINENT OF DISTINCT COUNTRIES WITH DISTINCT LANGUAGES AND CULTURES AND BELIEFS AND GOVERNMENTS. STOP USING AFRICA AS A WAY OF SHOWING HOW FUCKING DEEP AND INTROSPECTIVE YOU ARE.
AFRICA IS NOT YOUR MAGICAL NEGRO.
ITS PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR MUSES.
ITS CULTURE IS NOT YOURS.
STOP TELLING ME THAT A COUNTRY THAT IS CRIPPLED BY POVERTY IS “WHERE YOU ESCAPE TO.”
I AM GLAD YOU ARE HELPING THE ELEPHANTS. BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE AS WELL. AND THEY DON’T WANT TO ONLY BE SEEN AS YOUR LITTLE INSPIRATIONS AND HELPERS.
Some day, white Americans and Europeans will stop treating Africa and Africans as fucking decorations and playthings, and that’ll be a hell of a day. BUT THIS IS APPARENTLY NOT THAT FUCKING DAY.
::puts furniture back together::
::so I can fucking smash it again::
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia