Showtime's "Masters of Sex" Trailer Features Plenty of Cold, Hard, Clinical Non-Reproductive Fornication
With the exception of Shameless, I’ve not really been that keen on the programming of Showtime since early season “Dexter” and “Weeds.” They know how to attract a great cast, and often the concepts are well developed, but the writing on much of Showtime’s slate is second-rate., see, e.g., “Ray Donovan,” the second season of “The Borgias,” the last four seasons of “Dexter,” the last five seasons of “Weeds,” and “Nurse Jackie” and “Episodes,” two shows I tried but could never get into.
Hopefully, that may change with “Masters of Sex,” which again attracts an excellent cast with leads Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan, and a provocative premise in that it’s about the early study of se by the real-life William Masters and Virginia Johnson.
The trailer looks … well, if you can focus with all the soft-core sex involved (NSFWish), it looks promising, although with all the soft-core sex involved, who is going to be paying attention to the writing, anyway?
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia