CBS's 'Star Trek: Discovery' Has Cast Its Lead, Which May Spell Trouble for a 'The Walking Dead' Character
Reports are taking pains to mention that the next season of The Walking Dead won’t begin filming until the summer of 2017, so it won’t immediately affect her availability, but there are not a lot of television stars who are series regulars on two shows simultaneously. That’s the situation that Sonequa Martin-Green — who plays Sasha on The Walking Dead — faces, as she has been cast as a lieutenant commander in the CBS All-Access series, Star Trek: Discovery.
That is good casting, and she will join Michelle Yeoh, Anthony Rapp and Doug Jones, who have already been cast. Bryan Fuller, the original showrunner, has since pulled out of the show completely, but he has been replaced by Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts.
Should Discovery result in the eighth season death of Sasha — and it probably will if Star Trek gets a second season — the AMC show can always replace her with her husband, Kenric Greene, who currently plays a red-shirt Alexandrian on the show.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia