There Will Be No 'R$gue Two: Electric Boogaloo'
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the standalone film set in between the events of Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, will not have a sequel, no matter how much we like it and no matter how much we want it. That has been confirmed by Kathleen Kennedy.
That’s great news for those of us who would prefer not to construct diagrams to keep up with the Star Wars universe, but I’m also kind of bummed that Felicity Jones and Ben Mendelsohn (and Mikkelsen) will get burned off in one-offs, unless there’s a way to somehow bring them back for Episodes IX or X, which I guess is theoretically possible, since Jones would be about the same age as Han Solo, right? Maybe she can even make an appearance in the Han Solo origin film.
On the other hand, Tatiana Maslany losing out on the role of Jyn Erso does at least mean that she’s free to join the extended series, which will return in 2017 with Episode VIII directed by Rian Johnson.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia