This Is Why I'm F*cked Up In The Head: 15 of My Childhood-Defining Movies Turn 30 This Year
It turns out that 1985 was a very, very good year for movies that hold a special place in my heart. It was a time when kids cursed, hair was big, and a teenage boy hanging out with a much older scientist/inventor/nutbag wasn’t seen as odd or rape-y. It was a simpler time, ruled by coke-fueled movie pitches and originality.
As odd as some of these choices may seem, and though I may not have seen them until they hit cable, they were all films of my childhood. My under-supervised, slightly fucked-up, amazing childhood. Thanks to Mom, Dad, and HBO.
2. Back to the Future
3. Teen Wolf - “I’m not a f**. I’m… a werewolf.”
4. The Goonies
6. Cocoon - “Whoa, that’ll make your ol’ ball sack shrivel up.”
7. The Color Purple - ” I curse you. Until you do right by me everything you think about is gonna crumble!”
8. Desperately Seeking Susan - “Desperately seeking Susan. Meet me, four o’clock, Battery Park. Keep the faith. Love, Jim.”
9. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome - “One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster.”
10. The Legend of Billie Jean - “FAIR IS FAIR!”
11. Legend - “May be innocent, may be sweet… ain’t half as nice as rotting meat.”
12. National Lampoon’s European Vacation - “Oink oink, my good man!”
13. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
14. Sweet Dreams - “Well people in hell want ice water - that don’t mean they get it.”
15. Weird Science
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia