And Now Some Performances Of The National Anthem That Are Very, Very Good
Most of us can agree that Fergie’s National Anthem performance at the NBA All-Star Game was, if not bad, poorly executed. It’s a difficult song and sometimes the people chosen to sing it aren’t able to hit all of the notes. They can cover it up by trying to change the style or tempo of the song, but it usually doesn’t fare well.
In other cases, the performer blows you away. I’ve gathered some of those to get the stank of Fergie’s Anthem off of you.
Jack Black at WNBA Game
Black doesn’t even need the microphone here, but they made him use one anyway. Ignore the echo.
Whitney Houston at Super Bowl XXV
Skip to 1:10.
Jennifer Hudson at Super Bowl XLIII
Pink at Super Bowl LII
Luther Vandross at Super Bowl XXXI
Ignore the very 90s of it all and enjoy the vocals. Admit it though, you could fall in love to this rendition.
Kelly Clarkson at Super Bowl XLVI
Demi Lovato at Game 4 of the World Series in 2015
Beyonce at President Barack Obama’s Inauguration Ball
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia