Proof That All Of Your Favorite Shows Can Connect To "Arrested Development" In Less Than Three Steps
1. Julia Louis-Dreyfus played “Liz Lemon” during the live episode of 30 Rock.
2. Louis-Dreyfus was blind(?)/pregnant(?) attorney Maggie Lizer for four episodes of AD.
1. Judy Greer is the voice of Cheryl Tunt on Archer.
2. Greer also played George Sr.’s breast-obsessed secretary, Kitty Sanchez.
1. Bob Odenkirk stars as Breaking Bad’s “Better Call” Saul Goodman.
2. Odenkirk wrote a movie called Let’s Go to Prison, which starred Will Arnett.
1. Jeff Garlin appeared as himself in the Community episode, “Documentary Filmmaking: Redux.”
2. Garlin also played creepy study executive Mort Meyers on AD.
1. Bill Lawrence is the creator of Cougar Town.
2. Lawrence also created Scrubs.
3. Jason Bateman appeared in the fifth season of Scrubs as a cranky garbageman with an ostrich.
1. David Tennant played the Doctor for 48 episodes.
2. D-Ten’s Fright Night co-star was Christopher Mintz-Plasse.
3. Mintz-Plasse was in Superbad, as McLovin, with Michael Cera.
1. Maggie Smith plays the Dowager Countess on Downton Abbey.
2. In 1975, Smith appeared on The Carol Burnett Show.
3. As did Lucille Bluth herself, Jessica Walter.
Game of Thrones
1. David Benioff is the co-showrunner of Game of Thrones.
2. Benioff wrote the novel 25th Hour and the screenplay for the Spike Lee movie of the same name.
3. Patrice O’Neal, who played Khari in 25th Hour, was George Bluth’s prison cellmate T-Bone on AD.
1. Judd Apatow produces and writes for Girls.
2. Apatow also produced and wrote for Paul Feig’s Freaks and Geeks.
3. Paul Feig directed seven episodes of Arrested Development.
1. Anthony and Joe Russo, Jay Chandrasekhar, and Jeff Melman have all directed episodes of Happy Endings. (I’m not going to embed photos of boring ol’ directors, so here’s Elisa Cuthbert instead.)
2. Anthony and Joe Russo, Jay Chandrasekhar, and Jeff Melman have all directed episodes of AD. (I’m not going to embed photos of boring ol’ directors, so here are some Hot Cops instead.)
1. Morena Baccarin plays Jessica Brody on Homeland.
2. Baccarin was in Firefly, as Inara Serra, with Alan Tudyk.
3. Tudyk played Ann’s sparkling cider-loving father, Pastor Veal, on AD.
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
1. Lynne Marie Stewart Picture plays Charlie’s Mom on It’s Always Sunny.
2. Stewart was also in AD as Joyce Keglin, the host of EZ Keglin.
1. Timothy Olyphant IS Raylan Givens on Justified.
2. Olyphant played Danny Cordray for two episodes of The Office.
3. Brian Baumgartner, who portrayed a gun vendor on AD, stars on The Office.
1. Sarah Silverman has guest starred on Louie multiple times.
2. Silverman once had her own show, The Sarah Silverman Program
2. Jay Johnston, a series regular on Sarah Silverman Program, played Officer Taylor on AD
1. John Slattery is lovable drunk Roger Sterling(’s Gold) on Mad Men.
2. Slattery will appear on the next “season” of AD in a top-secret role.
1. Mae Whitman is Amber Holt on Parenthood.
Parks and Recreation
1. Amy Poehler stars as Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation.
2. Poehler, who’s married to Will Arnett, played Gob’s wife, Gob’s Wife, on AD.
Saturday Night Live
1. From 2005-2012, Andy Samberg was on SNL.
2. The same year Samberg began on SNL, he was also on AD as a stage manager.
1. Martin Freeman plays Sherlock’s John Watson.
2. Freeman was in What’s Your Number?
3. As was Ed Begley Jr., who played Stan Sitwell on Arrested Development.
1. Dan Castellaneta is the voice of Homer Simpson.
2. Castellaneta played Dr. Stein, “the best doctor in the county,” on AD.
1. Carrie Preston plays waitress Arlene Fowler on True Blood.
2. Preston was on AD as Justice TV’s Jan Eagleman.