Why The Hell Is She There? The Internet Goes Wild With #UnwantedIvanka
The French government on Saturday released a brief clip of a discussion at the G20 summit in Osaka involving four of the world’s most prominent leaders. And also Ivanka Trump was there. It’s a 20-second trainwreck, the ultimate Take Your Child to Work Day, as a totally unqualified heiress with zero diplomatic experience tries to join in on a conversation with French president Emmanuel Macron, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, International Monetary Fund director Christine Lagarde and British prime minister Theresa May.
Ivanka Trump appears to be trying to get involved in a talk among Macron, May, Trudeau and Lagarde (IMF head).— Parham Ghobadi (@ParhamGhobadi) June 29, 2019
The video is released by French Presidential palace. pic.twitter.com/TJ0LULCzyQ
Seriously, why is she there? Like, I know she’s there because the tangerine toddler she calls her father has to be there and he’s decided the only qualification you need to be at G20 is a shared bloodline, but how bloody weird must that have been for actual world leaders? What the hell does she talk about with them? Her terrible fashion line? Or how frequently her dad talks about being attracted to her? And then Ivanka tries to turn the discussion into how there aren’t enough women in the field she’s not in? As if she’s an appropriate substitute for a woman President? And remember, the French government released that video! They knew what it looked like and how ridiculous it made the Trump Administration look - not like they need the help or anything. It’s embarrassing and a failure of diplomacy.
But it was also a hilarious Twitter hashtag.
Crooked Media contributor Erin Ryan kicked things off by asking people to go wild with photoshop, then tag it #unwantedivanka. The internet did not disappoint.
Somebody please photoshop Ivanka the unwelcome interloper boxing way above her weight into the following:— Erin *crosstalk* Ryan (@morninggloria) June 30, 2019
- Megan Rapinoe’s goal celebration
- Nixon-Elvis meeting
- Beyoncé’s Coachella performance
- Curies’ lab
- constitutional convention
- cast of Big Little Lies
Of course, the most devastating example of #UnwantedIvanka was the one that didn’t need to be photoshopped.
Header Image Source: Getty Images.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me