Because we talked about Saturday Night Live on this week’s Podjiba, it gives me an excuse to talk about my love of the sketch “The Jockey” - specifically, the way it evoked Goldfinger’s “Superman”, the fun, absurd pivot from prestige horse racing movie to music video/video game nod, and the way it made me immediately want to go play more Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater (this is not a video game post obviously, but the remaster has been my favorite game to drop in and play when I have a few minutes and just want to chill out).
I also love that it gives me an excuse to post this:
Tony Hawk singing on a cover of “No Cigar”! And for good measure, Steve Caballero playing guitar!
Anyway, before I get distracted and start playing THPS again, we also talked about all sorts of television this week, including:
- The return of Dexter in Dexter: New Blood! Also, my first time ever watching any amount of Dexter! (I found it to be mostly fine.)
- Tori lets us know about a show that hasn’t technically premiered yet (although the first episode is available online from Showtime): the new drama Yellowjackets!
- Obviously, we go INTO THE SINKHOLE [plonk] with Dustin on La Brea!
- Tori and Dustin dig into the first two episodes of Doctor Who, which I promise I will still eventually catch up on!
- And of course, we end with Succession, even as we find it difficult to find things to say beyond “hey we’re enjoying it, turns out it’s a pretty good show.”
Podjiba! The podcast where your hosts are pretty much always drinking, and the audio quality is usually just slightly above average! Available wherever podcasts are, and also right here.
Header Image Source: NBC (via Youtube)