Jay-Z Discusses His Mother Coming Out While On David Letterman's 'My Next Guest Needs No Introduction'
This Friday, April 6th, the newest monthly installment of David Letterman’s My Next Guest Needs No Introduction will be available to stream on Netflix. This month’s guest is Jay-Z who, well, you know.
Although the promo doesn’t give us an idea of what else Letterman and Jay-Z discuss during the interview, it does assure us that there will be honesty involved. Jay speaks about his reaction to his mother finally acknowledging to him that she is a lesbian and “might be” in love with her partner. His recounting of happy tears with the joy he felt for his mother finally being able to live her truth is beautiful.
Take note, people with loved ones. That is how you react to someone in your family or friend group revealing their sexual preference to you. You give them more love and positive reactions. You think about how huge a compliment it is for them to trust you with that information and react accordingly. Well done, Jay.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia