You Had Us At Christina Applegate And Linda Cardellini
We all have our own ways of dealing with death. Maybe we turn to loved ones. Maybe we dabble in spiritualism and channel our grief into good deeds. Or maybe we delve into fury, becoming a reckless “white wine vigilante” on the hunt for justice, or maybe just vengeance. All of these approaches will be explored in Netflix’s upcoming dark comedy Dead To Me, which stars Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini.
If you’re not sold on the leads alone, check out Dead To Me’s first trailer.
Here’s the official plot synopsis:
Jen (Christina Applegate) is a sardonic widow determined to solve her husband’s recent hit-and-run murder. Judy (Linda Cardellini) is an optimistic free spirit who’s recently suffered her own tragic loss. When the two women meet at a support group, they become unlikely friends despite their polar-opposite personalities. But as they bond over bottles of wine, Entenmann’s cookies and a shared affinity for The Facts of Life, Judy desperately tries to shield Jen from a shocking secret that could destroy her life as she knows it. Dead to Me, created by Liz Feldman (2 Broke Girls, One Big Happy), is an addictive dark comedy that dives into the painfully unfiltered, weirdly funny waters of grief, loss and forgiveness.
You had us at Applegate + Cardellini. The mystery, comedy, and James Marsden of it all is just gravy.
Dead To Me hits Netflix on May 3.
Header Image Source: Netflix
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me