There's A $100 Donut Because F*ck You
Hey, peasants. Did you think the height of donut decadence was Dunkin’s Oreo-creme stuffed? Or the Cronut? “Ba-HA!” says the bakers of Brooklyn’s Manila Social Club, home of the Golden Cristal Ube Donut.
Its icing is made with the Cristal champagne. Its creme is a mousse whipped from ube, an apparently fancy purple yam. More champagne can be found in the jelly. And then it’s flaked with actual 24k gold. Because fuck you, plebeians.
This is What a $100 Golden Donut Looks Like
The infamous gold-ube donut from Manila Social Club in Brooklyn. Cristal champagne icing, filled with ube mousse, champagne jelly, and covered with 24k Gold. $100 per donut. Not for the faint of heart (or anyone who doesn't like the taste of champagne). Bling bling, baby.Posted by Zagat on Monday, February 8, 2016
Of course it’s made in Brooklyn.
Kristy Puchko imagines this is what Trump guzzles down like a goose while chucking scalding hot coffee at his unpaid interns.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia