And Now, For No Reason Whatsoever, the Russian Slapping Competition
I saw this tweet doing the rounds recently:
Meanwhile in Russia…the 'male slapping championships' took place in Krasnoyarsk. The winner, Vasiliy Kamotskiy (left) took home 30,000 rubles (£350) 👏🇷🇺pic.twitter.com/aXQkMkmbd6— Danny Armstrong (@DannyWArmstrong) March 19, 2019
And, well, because these days I’m living in a strange daze of paralysing existential ennui alternating with apocalyptic climate anxiety and a fear of a rising fascist international, I couldn’t help but think: ‘Huh. Weird. Cool. Weird but cool I guess.’
Here’s a longer version:
And questions abounded:
How has this one bloke managed to get himself to such a ridiculously higher level of slapping power such that he makes the other grown men’s efforts look like that of toddlers? I mean, I know he’s clearly got a lot of mass behind that swing, but nevertheless, what a uniquely specific skill.
Shouldn’t there be weight classes? In such a clearly well regulated and monitored, prestigious sport?
Why do they need to be topless?
These. Are. The. Things. I. Need. To. Know.
Header Image Source: YouTube
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me