Good Giant Panda News Demands A Panda GIF Party!
GOOD NEWS: The giant panda is no longer an endangered species! International Union for Conservation of Nature Red List of Threatened Species has reported that the giant panda population has risen 17% from 2004 to 2014!
This follows decades of efforts to save the species, that include a 1981 ban on the sale of panda skins in China, anti-poaching laws, and the creation of panda reserves. Now, CNN notes that climate change is threatening the bamboo habitats pandas need to survive, so they are still designated as “vulnerable.” But for now, let’s focus on how humans around the world banded together to pull an at-risk species back from the brink (where we squarely put it).
Let’s GIF party panda-style!
Bring your Panda gif A-Game to comments.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia