Finally, Honest Trailers Tackles 'Face/Off'
In honor of the 20th anniversary of Face/Off, Screen Junkies has finally released an Honest Trailer tackling the Greatest American Movie Of All Time (come at me, bro!). But unlike other Honest Trailers, the one for Face/Off doesn’t really have to crack that many jokes… because just trying to explain the premise of the film is funny enough.
Ok, so the whole “Dong/Off is a very different movie” bit is accurate, and they do get some good cocaine and “Woo-ing” jokes in. But mostly it just walks through the literal insanity that is a movie where John Travolta and Nicolas Cage swap faces and then act like each other. And they nail it all, from the doves to the peach obsession to all the times characters point guns at each other but don’t shoot them.
No matter how many times I’ve watched Face/Off, however, I have never put it together that Nick Cassavetes, the director of The Notebook, plays Dietrich in the film. So thank you, Honest Trailers. You’ve taught me something new. Guess I’ll need to sit down and watch it all over again.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia