From The Twisted Mind Who Brought You 'Salad Fingers' Comes Fresh Nightmare Fuel
Remember Salad Fingers? This flash animation web series created by David Firth followed a heavy-breathing, green-skinned, salad-fingered creep through bizarre misadventures. It became a much-shared, must-see marvel and an odd internet obsession that defined the web culture of the mid-’00s. It was uniquely unnerving yet riveting, as is Firth’s latest, a collaboration with Steven Ellison, A.K.A. Flying Lotus. The British animator and the American DJ have joined forces for a bit of video art that begins with a pack of children dressed as wolves, then devolves into something stranger with the help of filmmaker David Lynch.
Check out “Fire Is Coming.”
Godtopus bless them internets! It is an unholy mess in many ways. But not all of them are bad. Some of them birth collaborations that seem spun from a Madlib filled out on acid. And for those we are grateful.
Flying Lotus’s new album Flamagra comes out May 24.
Header Image Source: Youtube
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me