Did You Catch The 'Doctor Who' Joke In 'Jessica Jones'?
Before he played the mind-controlling villain Kilgrave on Jessica Jones, Scottish actor David Tennant played the lovable sneaker-sporting sorry-saying tenth incarnation of Doctor Who. We’ve talked about how his casting helped make for one of the MCU’s best baddies ever, and how Kilgrave sets up a discussion about misogyny. But today, a bit of fun. Though warning:
In episode 8 “AKA WWJD,” Jessica Jones took an unexpected turn when its its titular heroine (Krysten Ritter) willingly moved into her renovated childhood home with the bizarrely besotted Kilgrave. In this ep, we see the beginnings of this villain showing his vulnerabilities, as well as his perspective on his powers, his past and his “love” of Jessica. Amid all this juicy drama and suspense, you might have missed a subtle Doctor Who joke.
Images courtesy of Netflix. H/T EW
Kristy Puchko demands a gif of sulking Kilgrave.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia