Trailer: 'Jay and Silent Bob Reboot' Brings Back Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Adds Chris Hemsworth
Of all the sequels that Kevin Smith has had designs on creating over the last 10 or 15 years, the one I probably least would have expected was a sequel to Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I mean, I loved the movie … in 2001 … but I don’t know that it’s the one with a lot of staying power. Then again, if you’re going to go meta, you may as well go two layers deep by meta-rebooting a meta movie in the era of reboots.
The trailer for the film is about what you’d expect, and I’m sure the film will have some nostalgic pull for a lot of us — there’s a lot of ’90s actors you might love but have otherwise forgotten about (Shannon Elizabeth. Tom Cavanagh. Joey Lauren Adams!) I will say this, however: It is a testament to what a good guy Kevin Smith is and has been his whole career that he can still get the likes of Matt Damon, Rosario Dawson, Fred Armisen, and Chris Hemsworth to appear in what is essentially a profane vanity project unlikely to earn more than $10 million at the box office (although, a lot of middle-aged parents are gonna get high and stream the sh*t out of it when it goes digital).
Here’s the trailer. The film hits theaters on October 15th.
Good luck, Mr. Smith.
Header Image Source: View Askew Productions
- Trailer: 'Jay and Silent Bob Reboot' Brings Back Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Adds Chris Hemsworth
- What Even Matters Anymore?
- 'IT: Chapter Two' Trailer Reveals Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, And Bill Hader Joining Forces Against Pennywise
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s 'Fleabag' Is Coming To A Movie Theater Near You
- Trailer: James Gray Sends Brad Pitt Into Space in 'Ad Astra'