The 'Hobbs & Shaw' Trailer Answers Why Tyrese Gibson Was So Set Against The Rock Doing a 'Fast and Furious' Spin-Off
Oh! Now I understand why Tyrese Gibson was so adamantly against Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham doing a Fast and Furious spin-off, because if the trailer for Hobbs & Shaw is any indication, it’s going to be like all the best parts of the Fast and Furious movies without any of the filler. It’s gonna put F&F out of business. It’s just Statham and The Rock talking shit and kicking ass and getting their asses kicked by Idris Elba, the “bad guy.” And they got David Leitch (Deadpool 2, John Wick, Atomic Blonde) to direct, which is almost too potent a combination, especially with all the Deadpool like wisecracks in the trailer. This spin-off franchise is going to run for a decade.
And if you don’t believe me, watch this and try not to fall in love.
How are we gonna watch that movie and go back to Fast and Furious movies?
Meanwhile, if the dudes are not enough for you (WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?), Vanessa Kirby ought to seal the deal.
Hobbs & Shaw arrives on July 26th.
Header Image Source: Universal
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me