'Terminator: Dark Fate' Trailer: Is the Sixth Time the Charm? (Yeah, Maybe)
I’m not exactly sure why they keep trying to make Terminator happen. The last three entries barely broke even at the worldwide box office (if that), and they’ve all been so forgettable that they basically reboot it again each time out. But it’s a known property, and the studios presumably have a lot of money wrapped up in the IP.
I’ve seen them all, but honestly, I can’t even begin to make sense of the timelines anymore. To add to the confusion, this reboot basically ignores the last three films, John Conner is nowhere in sight, and now a young girl (Natalia Reyes) is being protected from a bad Terminator who can replicate himself (Gabriel Luna) by a friendly Terminator (Mackenzie Davis) with the aid of Sarah Goddamn Conner (Linda Hamilton) and also Arnie, because why not.
It comes from Tim Miller (Deadpool), and while I have no idea what’s going on here, I will concede that it looks great, and I’m pretty much down for anything that involves Linda Hamilton’s guns (and GUNS). I’m keen on Mackenzie Davis, too. Maybe it’ll take this time.
Header Image Source: Paramount Pictures
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me