Lupita Nyong'o Has Us Scareroused
What happens when one of the most beautiful women in the world is starring in the year’s most-anticipated horror movie? She makes it fashion. She makes our hearts race, our brains feel buzzy, and our lions roar. Simply put, Lupita Nyong’o is killing us for Us.
Spoiler-free explanation of Us: Jordan Peele’s follow-up to Get Out stars Nyong’o as a wife and mother whose life and family is threatened when her home is invaded by a woman who looks EXACTLY like her. The Academy Award-winning Nyong’o is rattling and riveting in her dual roles as hero and villain in the film. And she’s been playing with this doppelganger drama on Twitter, giving us life and scaring us to death.
And bonus content that is in no way scary but is a major reason Nyong’o should be on your Pajiba 10 shortlist.
Us opens Friday. Read TK’s spoiler-free review here.
Header Image Source: Universal Pictures
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me