Kumail Nanjiani and Dave Bautista Team Up In 'Stuber' Trailer
A buddy-cop action-comedy for the rideshare era has arrived with Stuber. Kumail Nanjiani stars as Stu, an Uber driver just looking for a no-drama day of 5-star rides. But that hope goes to straight to hell when brawny and loud Vic (Dave Bautista) gets into his car. He’s a cop with no boundaries, a passion for violence, and a killer to catch. And he’s just kidnapped Stu as his chauffeur.
Check out the trailer for Stuber.
Around these parts, we love Nanjiani, whether he’s hosting Saturday Night Live, being a part of one of the best celebrity couples of the century, or tweeting about Pornhub. Bautista has proved surprisingly, satisfyingly silly in the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise. And yet, this trailer’s kind of underwhelming, right?
A work-in-progress cut of Stuber screened at SXSW, earning mixed reviews and little buzz. But on top of Nanjiani and Bautista, Stuber also stars Natalie Morales, Karen Gillan, Betty Gilpin, and Mira Sorvino, and is being helmed by Goon director Michael Dowse. So maybe it’s got a lot going for it that’s not really showing in this first trailer? What say you?
Stuber opens July 12.
Header Image Source: 20th Century Fox
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me