Trailer Alert! Jake Gyllenhaal and Dan Gilroy Reteam For Twisted Thriller 'Velvet Buzzsaw'
In 2014, most underappreciated actor working today Jake Gyllenhaal teamed with writer/director Dan Gilroy for Nightcrawler, a skin-crawling thriller about a crime journalist with an ambition so ruthless is was sociopathic. Critics went wild for this vicious look at news media’s “if it bleeds it leads” culture. And now, the pair is reuniting for Velvet Buzzsaw, which turns a satirical eye on the contemporary art world scene of Los Angeles, “where big money artists and mega-collectors pay a high price when art collides with commerce.”
Written and directed by Gilroy, Velvet Buzzsaw stars Gyllenhaal as an art dealer with a sharp tongue and a sharper eye for talent. When a cache of works by a recently deceased and unknown painter are uncovered, he’s quick to turn them into a sensation. But there’s a greater power in these paintings than anyone could anticipate.
Check out the trailer to discover Velvet Buzzsaw’s deliciously twisted premise.
Can you believe this cast!? Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo, John Malkovich, Toni Collette, Daveed Diggs, Zawe Ashton, and Billy Magnussen. I mean, whatever the story, we’d be hooked by that list alone. And the great news is we won’t have to wait long to see what Gilroy and Gyllenhaal have in store.
Velvet Buzzsaw will make its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival this month. Then Velvet Buzzsaw hits Netflix February 1!
Header Image Source: Netflix
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me