Barry Jenkins' 'If Beale Street Could Talk' Trailer Is Here, and Oh Wow!
Barry Jenkins’ If Beale Street Could Talk debuted last week to very favorable reviews (including one from our own Joelle Monique) at last week’s Toronto Film Festival (where it was runner-up in the People’s Choice Award), and now the rest of us get a glimpse of what to expect. It looks as poetic and beautiful as Joelle’s review suggested that it was, and while I don’t think that the trailer necessarily gives everything away, it sure tells a powerful story in and of itself.
KiKi Layne and Stephan James lead the cast, which gets some support from powerhouse Regina King, as well as Fear the Walking Dead’s Colman Domingo, Teyonah Parris, Finn Wittrock, and Diego Luna. Check this out.
The James Baldwin story, adapted to the screen by director Barry Jenkins, opens this fall.
Header Image Source: Annapurna Pictures
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia