Anna Faris's 'Overboard' Remake Still Looks Awful
Anna Faris headlines MGM’s Overboard remake. And you might assume she’s taken the Goldie Hawn role of the rich bitch you falls off her yacht, and is tricked into playing mommy to a hot handyman’s tribe of wild sons. But that premise hasn’t aged well. So, instead its been gender-swapped with Faris in the Kurt Russell role, and adored Mexican movie star Eugenio Derbez in the Hawn role, portraying a callous playboy turned harried, blue-collared family man.
There’s a new trailer out that gives some more details. But none of it helps this remake seem any more essential, or even funny.
Overboard opens April 13, 2018.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia