SQUEE: 'Hamilton' Cast Covered 'Moana' For Lin-Manuel Miranda Surprise
Last night, human sunshine Lin-Manuel Miranda shone his on the red carpet ahead of the 89th Annual Academy Awards. He was there as a nominee in the Best Song category for Moana’s “How Far I’ll Go,” and to perform the song along with movie’s adorable 16-year-old star Auli’i Cravalho. But before all that went down—flag fuckery and all—Miranda was surprised on the red carpet by a special tribute from the Hamilton’s current Broadway cast.
First watch the performance of the cast:
NOW enjoy Miranda reacting to it:
Regrettably, we didn’t get to see the inspirational rap Miranda might have had in store for his EGOT acceptance speech because Moana lost to La La Land’s “City of Stars.” (Maybe Disney should have backed “Shiny?”) Still, we got a taste of Miranda’s mad flow as he led into “How Far I’ll Go”s Oscar performance:
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia