12. Mia Wasikowska — Well, you don’t pronounce it like Wachowski, as in Wa-si-kow-ska. It’s actually VAH-shee-KOF-ska.
11. Lupita N’yongo — There’s no need to put any emphasis anywhere. It just rolls through, and sounds exactly like it’s spelled.
10. Chiwetel Ejiofor. This is not how I pronounce it, with all due respect Chiwetel.
6. Charlize Theron. It’s THAIR-en. It sounds more like “throne” than “ther-on.”
3. Rihanna It’s Ree-Anna, not Ree-Ah-na.
… but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who pronounces it that way. https://t.co/HxhJ5XY5HP— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 9, 2015
What? That’s not right. Don’t listen to her!
Header Image Source: Getty Images