If you’re not into awards shows, you may have missed last night’s BET Awards. If that’s the case, here are the stand-out highlights:
1) Janet Jackson is ageless. She received a lifetime achievement award, and looked about 15 years younger than her 49 years.
2) In his first public appearance since being arrested for assaulting a UCLA coach with kettleball, Puff Daddy fell off the stage.
3) Rihanna threw a stack of money at Stephen Hill’s face (that was apparently staged).
4) Rihanna and Floyd Mayweather staged a domestic-violence joke that a lot of people didn’t find very funny.
5) Best of all, Black-ish star Tracee Ellis Ross — daughter of Diana Ross and sister-in-law to Ashlee Simpson — straight-up scoffed as domestic abuser Chris Brown in her introduction of him.
Can we revisit that shade moment right quick? pic.twitter.com/1oieqmFiu3— Craig™ (@SmokeeRobinson) June 29, 2015
She is amazing, and if she gets beat out by a Modern Family star for an Emmy nomination this year, cities will BURN.