Pete Davidson Boots a Heckler for Being a Jackass
Pardon the audio from TMZ (I’m sorry!), but the audio itself adds more context. I mean, it was awkward, but not as awkward as the transcript suggests.
Here’s what happened. During the show, Pete Davidson mentioned that a friend died in his apartment. Someone out in the audience shouted, “Mac Miller?” referring to the ex-boyfriend of Davidson’s ex-girlfriend, Ariana Grande, who died of an overdose last year. Davidson didn’t take kindly to the heckler, nor should he have. He asked the crowd to identify the “f**kface” who said that, and then said, “I’ll wait. I will not continue until [he] is gone. […] I’ll leave. So if you want the show to continue, call out the person who did it, get him the f**k out. Give him his money back, get him the f*ck out, I don’t deal with that shit. […] I’m not making that much money for this show, this show is just for fun and to work on my hour, so I’m not going to have that shit at my show.”
Here’s the audio, where he followed the awkward moment with, “You f**ked up everything. You made it weird. Now I’m going to have to do f**king jokes that I know work.” He also insisted the heckler get his money back.
Header Image Source: NBC
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me