Courteney Cox: 'Scream 3' Haircut was No Friend to Me, David Arquette to Blame
Courteney Cox has had a lot of wins in her career, including dancing with the Boss himself.
…and then there was her haircut in Scream 3, which is truly one of the most unfortunate looks in the history of all of film.
We may finally have an answer as to why this all went down: David Arquette commented on an Instagram post taking full responsibility. In short, he thought she’d look good with Bettie Page type of bangs, and encouraged her to do for the ‘do.
Honestly, the only thing I remember about Scream 3 was Courteney’s hair, so in that regard, it’s very memorable. On the other hand, very few people can pull off Bettie Page bangs, and I feel like it’s something that most people shouldn’t even attempt. So let this be a warning to all: if Courteney Cox can’t pull off the look, who among us can?
So I guess we can blame David Arquette for that misstep, but Courteney should take heart. Her Scream 3 hair is by no means the worst hair of all time on film (although it certainly ranks up there.) No, for that we must look to Gary Oldman and his terrible white-boy dreads in True Romance.
So what is the moral of all of this?
Do not go to David Arquette for advice on your hair. Obviously.
Header Image Source: YouTube/Miramax
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me