Christian Bale's Poor, Suffering Body
Y’all, this is Christian Bale in his last movie, Vice.
This is Christian Bale in his next movie, Ford v Ferrari.
Bale lost another 40 pounds to play the role of British driver Ken Miles, and I assume that 40 pounds comes off of Christian Bale’s regular frame and not his Dick Cheney frame. This, on top of The Machinist weight loss, his weight loss in The Fighter and Rescue Dawn and his weight gain in American Hustle, and you gotta wonder how many times Bale can put his body through the wringer like this before it finally tells him to f**k off? The human body is not made of molding clay, Bale. It cannot be sculpted like that.
Anyway, here he is in the trailer for Ford v Ferrari with Matt Damon, who plays Carol Shelby, a car designer tasked with creating a Ford car that can compete with the Ferrari at the 1966 Le Mans World Championship. Bale’s Miles is tasked with test driving it. I’m excited about that, but I’m weirdly even more excited about Jon Bernthal as Lee Iacocca because I think Bernthal may be one of the best actors of his generation, it’s just that not everyone else has picked up on that yet.
Definitely stick around for Tracy Letts’ scene inside the car at the end of the trailer, too (also, bless Bale’s performance in Vice, but Letts would have been even better in that role).
Ford v Ferrari opens on November 15th, right during the height of Awards season.
Header Image Source: Getty Images
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me