Angelina Jolie Wants You to Grab Your Popcorn for This One
Here’s what you need to know about what is shaping up to be a masterful moment in celebrity divorcery sorcery.
- As discovered by Mrs. Pajiba-Hyphenate, the Jolie-Pitt Foundation has changed its name to the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation. The site is under construction.
- Angelina Jolie’s lawyer is the same lawyer Johnny Depp used in his divorce from Amber Heard, meaning TMZ will be firmly Team Angelina and most of their stories will be filtered through her team.
- Brad Pitt (who was reportedly blindsided) went with the ever warm and fuzzy (and celeb-friendly) People: “I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the well-being of our kids,” he said in the statement. “I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time.”
- There was no joint statement, and neither statement says anything about being amicable or always loving each other or remaining friends. That means SCORCH THE EARTH AND DESTROY ONE ANOTHER, LEAVING NO REMAINS in Hollywood PR terms.
- Marion Cotillard is being rumored as a possibility for the split, but please—Angelina knows how her relationship started, there’s no way, even if that was why, that she’d go public with it.
- According to LaineyGossip, our goddess of gossip, there was “an incident.” A “delicate and sensitive” incident.
The rumours about the drinking are consistent with what I’m hearing. The way one source put it, she “wanted him to get his sh-t together”. They say that when he left, however, even though the issue was far from resolved, he went away thinking that no definitive decision had been made about their marriage because there was still a lot of love there. Every source I’ve talked to today maintains that she was still in love with him but that for her, she doesn’t think he’s in a place where he can be “positive around the family”. All sources tell me that he was blindsided by her decision to file. And that the decision to file was made very recently. Like inside 10 days. When I pressed on what the urgency was, most of the sources declined to specify, with one source saying only that it was “very delicate, a really sensitive thing” and another explaining vaguely that she “would only have done it this way if it was a priority”. My response to that was, “Yeah but it’s not like she’s being quiet about it”. And the answer I got to that observation was that “she has her reasons”.
This is public, this is dirty, and Angelina wants us watching. Let’s not let her down. And if anyone tries to make you feel guilty for it, throw your popcorn at their face.