The 10 Highest Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Joe talked about Marvel’s first foray into R-rated anti-hero movies: the Blade trilogy. I thought it would be interesting to see what the 10 highest grossing R-rated movies were and, surprise, there are no hero movies in the lineup. I’ve got all of my things crossed in hopes that Deadpool can crack this top 10, because most of them are shit.
10. 300 (2007) - $210,614,939
Rated R for graphic battle sequences throughout, some sexuality and nudity.
9. Saving Private Ryan (1998) - $216,540,909
Rated R for intense prolonged realistically graphic sequences of war violence, and for language.
8. Ted (2012) - $218,815,487
Rated R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, and some drug use.
7. The Exorcist (1973) - $232,906,145
Rated R for strong language and disturbing images
6. Beverly Hills Cop (1984) - $234,760,478
R for strong violence, pervasive language, and some nudity.
5. The Hangover Part II (2011) - $254,464,305
Rated R for pervasive language, sexual content including nudity, and some drug material.
4. The Hangover (2009) - $277,322,503
Rated R for pervasive language, strong sexual content including graphic nudity, drug use and brief violent images.
3. The Matrix Reloaded (2003) - $281,576,461
Rated R for sci-fi violence and some sexuality.
2. American Sniper (2014) - $350,126,372
Rated R for strong and disturbing war violence, and language throughout including some sexual references.
1. The Passion of the Christ (2004) - $370,782,930
Rated R for sequences of graphic violence.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia