The Perfect Face: 17 Television Actors Who've Mastered the Art of Facial Expression
After last night’s Golden Globes celebrated television and film’s “best” actors, I watched the season three finale of Sherlock, and continued to marvel at Martin Freeman’s absolutely brilliant ability to convey every emotion with merely a look. We all have a tendency to froth at the mouth over Cumberbatch’s panty-dropping voice and perfectly tousled locks—and the man is a fine actor—but Freeman’s face is simply sublime. With just one camera shot near *Spoiler? Swipe to read: Sherlock’s grave, hearts the world over were simultaneously broken. So let’s take a moment, shall we, to honor those who give good face.
1. Claire Danes: The Cryface
2. Martin Freeman: Broken-Hearted
3. Iain Glen: Broken-Hearted and Humiliated
4. Jack Gleeson: I Passed What Satan Calls Wicked at Age Eight
5. Jeremy Davies: Dumb, or Stoned…or Both
6. Lena Dunham: The Dim Pout
7. Laura Dern: Dim Enthusiasm
8. James Spader: You Bore Me. I’m So Much Better Than You.
9. David Tennant: Say Wot?
10. Timothy Olyphant: Are You Fucking Kidding Me?
11. Lena Headey: The Bitchface/I Need to Get to the Ladies Room Now
12. Katey Sagal: Fuck You
13. Aaron Paul: “Bitch!”
14. Dean Norris: I Want to Kill You, But I Know I Can’t
15. Aden Young: Broken
16. Mads Mikkelsen: Detached
17. Andrew Scott: Psychopath
Pajiba Love Express
Here's some Daveed Diggs for you. On Daveed Diggs' digs, actually. That man does things with clothes that should not make sense, but are absolutely perfect. (Go Fug Yourself)
Woody Allen has "so moved on" from his daughter's accusations and says he never even thinks about it. He equates her words about him to a bad review he won't read and comments on how wacky it is that Mia Farrow is his mother-in-law. He is the worst. (Celebitchy)
Not The Worst but still very gross: Leonardo DiCaprio and his
Here are 5 under-the-radar shows. I had never even heard of the first two. (Uproxx)