The 50 Greatest Debut Movies
Here's the top ten:
10. Performance (Nicolas Roeg & Donald Cammel)
9. The Maltese Falcon (John Huston)
8. Night of the Living Dead (George Romero)
7. The 400 Blows (François Truffaut)
6. They Live By Night (Nicholas Ray)
5. Blood Simple (The Coen Brothers)
4. . L'Atalante (Jean Vigo)
3. Badlands (Terrence Malick)
2. Citizen Kane (Orson Welles)
1. The Night of the Hunter (Charles Laughton)
See what I mean? Where's Tyler Perry? George Clooney? Edgar Wright? I'm assuming the only reason that Drew Barrymore didn't make the list was because her debut doesn't come out until next week. Pedantic motherfuckers.
(Is that sarcasm font catching on yet?)
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.