The 12 Best Answers Jeff Goldblum Gave During His Reddit AMA
1. Recently the director of the upcoming Jurassic Park sequel tweeted that there is a shirtless cardboard cutout of you in the production office. How do you feel about the fact that all through the production of that film, your unique breed of intelligent 90s sexiness will be imbuing the crew?
This is the first I’ve heard about that at all.
Happy to help out however I can.
2. What is the best advice ever given to you?
Gee. The best advice ever given…to me… Let’s see. Oh boy. This is a good one. The best advice ever given to me is fill your days with what you love doing. Also, you know, contribute as substantially as you can to the community, and, uh, something the opposite of what the opposite of what the character does in Wolf of Wall Street. Do something worthwhile and substantial, not with any sales technique or baloney on top of it, and give as much as you can. The opposite of the Wolf of Wall street, but I don’t know how to put that into a pithy piece of advice. And also, put down your device, whatever it is, when you cross the street. Stop, look, and listen. Both equally important.
3. When I consider your work, I can think of no moment I find funnier than the following, from the Life Aquatic:
“What’s your dog’s name?”
“Be still, Cody.”
Hahaha! Yeah, that moment was meant for comedy of a dark or grayish kind. And so mostly I remember Wes and I laughing about it as we were doing it.
4. Are you aware that someone slowed down your apple ads so it sounded like you were drunk?If so did you approve?
Yes. I’m aware. And yes, I approve heartily. Beige.
5. Hi Jeff, big fan of the Grand Budapest Hotel over here. What was it like working with such an esteemed cast and director? Is Wes Anderson as weird in real life as I imagine him to be?
Working on that movie and with that cast was one of the big thrills of my life. And I don’t find Wes what I would call weird at all. He’s unique, super-special, a genius, and out of this world.
6. What was it like being covered in all that hair in Earth Girls Are Easy?
Blue hair says I! Hot. I mean, sweaty. But, um, provocative.
7. What does Conan O’Brien smell like? I get the feeling that you intimately know this answer off the top of your head.
Hahaha. Uh, a field of wildflowers. And that’s just his head.
8. What is your favorite dinosaur?I have you pegged for a stegosaurus man.
I’m no expert but since childhood I’ve had a fondness for the triceratops, because I read a kid’s book about a kid who finds an egg in his backyard, and it’s a triceratops, and he rides it. Remember that book? [The Enormous Egg by Oliver Butterworth] That’s the one! And then they take him to Washington. Boy, you’re into dinosaurs, you really know them.
9. Mr. Goldblum, if you could splice your DNA with another organism, what would you choose and what would be your name?
Hahahaha. Let’s see. Off the top of my head, I’d splice myself with a dolphin, and my name would be Surf Goldblum.
10. Can you tell us something about yourself that we may find surprising?
Hahaha. Surprising. Hmmmm. I’ve never had a cavity or a filling. See? You’re surprised.
11. My roommate Tim wants to know what was the strangest/weirdest thing about working on The Fly?
The strangest or weirdest thing? Strange or weird, not wonderful, not all the passion that we had for it, not David Cronenberg who was wonderful, I guess I could divert to answering some other question, but to answer more specifically…well, you know, in a scene that they cut out of the movie, I had to, you know, I was in almost full Fly transformation (incarnation? Is that the word I want to use? costume) and I had to slide down this angled wall over and over again by being covered all over my body with KY Jelly. That’s kind of weird and strange.
12. I’ve always wanted to know, it it pronounced Gold-bloom or Gold-bluhm?
Hahaha. However you want would be fine. I myself say bloom to rhyme with Zoom.
Pajiba Love Express
Here's some Daveed Diggs for you. On Daveed Diggs' digs, actually. That man does things with clothes that should not make sense, but are absolutely perfect. (Go Fug Yourself)
Woody Allen has "so moved on" from his daughter's accusations and says he never even thinks about it. He equates her words about him to a bad review he won't read and comments on how wacky it is that Mia Farrow is his mother-in-law. He is the worst. (Celebitchy)
Not The Worst but still very gross: Leonardo DiCaprio and his
Here are 5 under-the-radar shows. I had never even heard of the first two. (Uproxx)