Sing Your Heart Out: 11 of the Best Karaoke Scenes from Television Shows
1. “I Will Always Love You” by Dolly Parton, performed by Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
This devastating performance is the perfect gesture to show how much she loves someone. Luke should’ve made out with her right on the spot. My husband finally finished the series this week, and we both almost cried at this scene.
2. “Major Tom (Coming Home)” by Peter Schilling, performed by Gale Boetticher, Breaking Bad
Though we only get a glimpse of this wonderful laser-filled video on the show (full video can be seen here), it was our posthumous look into the wonderfully weird (and tragic) being that was Gale.
3. “Kiss from a Rose” by Seal, performed by Jeff Winger & Dean Pelton, Community
The reluctant OTP chased away their loneliness by belting out the Batman Forever classic in front of flocks of geese and sweeping snowy mountains.
4. “Afternoon Delight” by Starland Vocal Band, performed by Michael Bluth & Maeby Fünke, Arrested Development
Great song? Yes. Inappropriate song to sing with your niece? Also, yes.
5. “One Way or Another” by Blondie, performed by Veronica Mars, Veronica Mars
Singing as a way to get your message across is way better than a boring old monologue.
6. “Islands in the Stream” by Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton, performed by Michael Scott & Jim Halpert, The Office
Michael’s dejected partner-less duet was saved by Jim. Bonus Kevin singing, too.
7. “Summer Nights” by Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta, performed by Leslie Knope & Jeremy Jamm, Parks and Recreation
Leslie aims to please with her low gruffed voice, plus, look at those jackets. We ALL want the DVD.
8. “Mandy” by Barry Manilow, performed by Angel, Angel
He starts off slow and hesitant, then really gets into it. Things end better than the LAST TIME Angel did that, though…
9. “Delta Dawn” by Tanya Tucker, performed by Monica Geller, Friends
She puts it all out there, through her soul and blouse.
10. “Building a Mystery,” by Sarah McLachlan, performed by Marnie Michaels & Elijah Krantz, Girls
This duet served as a prelude to a failed sex attempt, just as Sarah intended it. The clip doesn’t exist online, so this video of Marnie singing Kanye’s “Stronger” will have to do.
11. “War” by Edwin Starr, performed by Cory Matthews & Topanga Lawrence, Boy Meets World
When I think “karaoke on TV shows,” this scene always pops into my head first. What is it really good for?
The last karaoke song Nadia Chaudhury sang was No Doubt’s “Sunday Morning.”
Pajiba Love Express
Here's some Daveed Diggs for you. On Daveed Diggs' digs, actually. That man does things with clothes that should not make sense, but are absolutely perfect. (Go Fug Yourself)
Woody Allen has "so moved on" from his daughter's accusations and says he never even thinks about it. He equates her words about him to a bad review he won't read and comments on how wacky it is that Mia Farrow is his mother-in-law. He is the worst. (Celebitchy)
Not The Worst but still very gross: Leonardo DiCaprio and his
Here are 5 under-the-radar shows. I had never even heard of the first two. (Uproxx)