Mindhole Blowers: 25 Celebrities You Didn't Realize Were Related By Marriage
See more Celebrity Facts.
1. David Spade is handbag designer, Kate Spade’s brother-in-law.
2. Giovanni Ribisi is Beck’s brother-in-law.
3. Adam McKay (the writer/director behind most of Will Ferrell’s projects, as well as Funny or Die) is Jeremy Piven’s brother-in-law.
4. Scott Foley is Patrick Wilson’s brother-in-law.
5. Stanley Tucci is Emily Blunt’s brother-in-law.
6. Michael Madsen is the former brother-in-law of Danny Huston (via his marriage to Virginia Madsen).
7. Lorraine Braco is Aiden Quinn’s sister-in-law.
8. Bijou Phillips is married to Danny Masterson, which makes her Christopher Masterson’s sister-in-law, but she is also sister-in-law to Billy Baldwin, who is married to her older sister, Chynna Phillips from Wilson Phillips fame. I suppose that also means that Alec Baldwin is related by marriage to all these people, as well. What I’m saying is, the Mastersons, the Baldwins, and the Phillips are all connected, and probably also run the Illuminati.
9. Patrick Fischler, a name you probably don’t know, but whose face you’ll surely recognize, is the brother-in-law of Julia Louis Dreyfus.
11. Julian McMahon (where’d that guy go?) is the former brother-in-law of Kylie Minogue.
12. Speaking of “Nip/Tuck,” Liam Neeson is Joely Richardson’s brother-in-law, which I suppose makes sense if you knew that Joely Richardson was the sister of Liam’s late wife, Natasha Richardson (I did not). It also makes Vanessa Redgrave the mother in law to Liam Neeson, of course.
13. The late Ricky Nelson was Mark Harmon’s brother-in-law.
14. Joseph Fiennes is also the former brother-in-law of Alex Kingston (River Song!), which also makes sense if you knew that Kingston used to be married to Ralph Fiennes (again, I did not).
15. Rene Russo used to be the sister-in-law of Bernie Taupin, who co-writes Elton John’s music.
15. Juliette Lewis is Ethan Suplee’s sister-in-law.
16. Mia Sara’s father-in-law was Sean Connery.
17. Bobby Cannavale’s father-in-law is direct Sidney Lumet (12 Angry Men, Dog Day Afternoon).
18. Michael Schur (the guy behind “Parks and Recreation” and “The Office”) is Regis Philbin’s son-in-law.
19. Stacey Keach used to be Jane Seymour’s brother-in-law.
20. Ron Howard is Seth Gabel’s father-in-law.
21. Sally Field is the mother-in-law of Yellow Lightspeed Power Ranger, Sasha Craig.
22. Anna-Louise Plowman is another name that may not be familiar to you, though her face is recognizable from a variety of TV and movie roles. Her mother-in-law in Dame Maggie Smith.
23. I guess if I’d thought about this, I’d have put it together, but Diane Lane is Barbra Streisand’s daughter-in-law, although I guess not for much longer (Josh Brolin and Lane have filed for divorce).
24. Dianne Ladd is musician Ben Harper’s mother-in-law (although, again, not for long, as Ben Harper and Ladd’s daughter, Laura Dern, have filed for divorce).
25. I’m including this last one, not because of the in-law relationship, but because I didn’t know about the marital relationship (I admit, I may be the last person on Earth not to know). But, Clark Gregg is the son in law of Joel Grey, who is originated the role of the Master of Ceremonies in the Broadway production of Caberet. What I didn’t realize, however, is that Gregg is married to Joel’s daughter, Jennifer Grey, of Ferris Bueller fame.
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter.