Hangin' with the Sirs: 10 Reasons I Want to Spend Every Day with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen
The twinkly-eyed duo of Sirs McKellen and Stewart are everywhere these days, and we’re all the better having these lovely gentlemen in our midst. Both members of the Royal Shakespeare Company are active in multiple charities and stand together supporting civil rights (McKellen co-founded Stonewall, Stewart is a patron of Refuge). They’re re-teaming as Magneto and Professor Charles Xavier in Bryan Singer’s upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past, roles for which each have been nominated for Blockbuster Awards. Additionally, the Sirs are currently preparing for limited runs of Samuel Beckett’s Waiting for Godot and Harold Pinter’s No Man’s Land; the Berkley Rep will feature No Man’s Land during August, while Broadway’s Cort Theater will feature the double bill starting in November (of course, right after I’ve moved across the country!). Aside from the fact that these talented men clearly enjoy working together, it’s a given they’d be a barrel of fun to spend a day with—heck, every day.
1. They’re Friends Onscreen and Off.
2. Sir Ian Cooks! (Making risotto for Sir Patrick)
3. They Spy on Each Other and Tweet the Photos.
4. They Can Steal the Camera Attention from Halle Berry.
5. They Go to Comic Con Together…
And Steal the Show:
6. Sir Ian Is Going to Marry Sir Patrick. Er, That Is, He’ll Officiate the Service.
7. They Love Hats! (I Love Hats.)
8. They’ve Both Been Knighted.
9. They Dance Together.
10. They Love Each Other and They’re Not Afraid to Show It.
Are you following Pajiba on Facebook or Twitter? Because every time you do an angel does the Paul Rudd dance
Around the Web